Saturday, March 15, 2008

Eight Weeks and counting

So, I got my small pox vaccine eight weeks ago... still hasn't completely healed. I don't know why the CDC/Army says it will be healed in four. This is getting kind of ridiculous.

Soldiers are disgusting people. I don't think I've ever been around soldiers without a large majority of them spitting. And I don't mean spitting chewing tobacco, although that's pretty common, too. And I don't mean spitting onto the dirt while you're walking or standing (also common). I mean spitting in the shower, into the sink, into the toilet, wherever. It doesn't seem to matter. Maybe I'm too genteel for the Army, but personally, when it seems that soldiers will suck water in through their nose, then hawk up a big wad of phlegm right into the sink, I find that one of the most disgusting things I've ever seen. Especially because most of them then turn off the water ad walk away. They don't try and clean it up, wash it down the drain, nothing. I suspect this is why I will not touch the inside of a sink, even my own, with my bare hands...

No comments: