Friday, May 1, 2009

Concidences in Science Fiction

So, I watched the first four seasons of Babylon 5 over the last few weeks. (I guess this is what one does when a dissertation is complete - nothing). Then, by random chance, my next choice was Jeremiah, which also happened to be a JMS show.

Coincidences abound, though, because there's actor after actor who show up in Jeremiah, who later starred in Battlestar Galactica.

First, I noticed that Tricia Helfer (Number Six) has a brief appearance in the first episode (looking VERY young...)

Then, Kandyse McClure (Dee) plays Kurdy's love interest.

Now, I'm looking and I see that Alessandro Juliani (Gaeta) plays a charismatic preacher in one episode.

So, sure enough, I start looking at the other actors from BSG, and I find:

Aaron Douglas
(Tyrol) was also on both shows.

Is it a Canadian thing?

No comments: