Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Adam Lambert

My only awareness of this guy is from RoflRazzi, talking about his femininity. Never heard his music, don't really care.

But strangely, I now have more respect for him:

But he noted that Lady Gaga smashed whiskey bottles during her performance, Eminem rapped about rape and Janet Jackson briefly groped a male dancer.

"Janet Jackson, crotch grab," he said. "I haven't heard one peep about that."

He said that "if it had been a female pop performer doing (his) moves that were on the stage, I don't think there would be nearly as much of an outrage."

"I think it's because I'm a gay male," he added.

Offered a chance to apologize, he declined. He said he didn't consider that there may have been children watching because his American Music Awards performance came at nearly 11 p.m., and that it's a parent's job to monitor what their children are watching on TV.

"I'm not a baby sitter," he said. "I'm a performer."

Asked what he'd do differently if he had the chance, Lambert said, "I would sing it a little bit better."

Source: Associated Press

You go, girl!

1 comment:

Momagain said...

I agree 99%. I didn't see the performance but have heard/seen the feedback. My boss is related to Adam - went to the local show, backstage, the whole VIP treatment. He was our favorite during A-I and really did a fantastic job. Yes, he should have sung a little better - and the 1% reservation I have is that I think he should wait til he's got the Madonna longevity as a star before taking on an outrageous and presumably politically charged performance.