Saturday, February 16, 2008

Rude guests

So, I have a new roommate. He likes it cold. I have two sheets and two blankets on my bed, and I still have problems getting to sleep because he likes to turn the A/C on before going to sleep. Hey, I get it, we share a living space, it's not going to be for that long, we all have to make compromises.

But, we have an outside team here, coming in to "evaluate" everyone. First of all, one of them is pretty much useless. I'm quickly developing an understanding of the inherent problems with this program, based on my interaction with this man who just hangs out in our office and plays on the internet, under the guise of "I don't want to influence the assessment since I'm inside the program." Whatever, honestly, it aggravates me on a higher plane of general aggravation. Not a big deal. But, my officemate (who also likes the temperature to be 30 degrees in the winter), is currently out of the office, and my other officemate and I prefer it warm, so we are very happy because we can turn off the stupid air conditioner. Well, Mr. Useless comes in and just turns on the A/C. I say "We actually like it warm down here." He says, "It will only be for thirty six more hours." So now, he's useless, aggravating, and directly pissing me off. I think I'm testy, but I honestly yelled at him about it. If he comes back and does it again, I probably will.

No comments: